|🏅 Best Roulette Casino||Betplays|
|🏅 Best Roulette Promotions||Energy Casino|
|🏅 Best Mobile Roulette||JackpotCity|
|🏅 Best New Roulette Casino||Casombie|
Top 10 Roulette Casinos
Basics Behind Roulette
It’s important that players understand the basics behind roulette before they start playing so we’re discussing its elements. That is, the roulette table, the chips, and how the Croupier oversees the game.
How the Casino Roulette Wheel Works?
The beauty of the casino roulette wheel is that it has no memory, so wins are completely random. But we digress, a roulette wheel is a circular-shaped accessory that’s spun by the croupier/house dealer to begin a round of roulette. Red-colored wheel slots are even while black-colored slots are odd. Green colored slots are 0 and 00.
Roulette only allows 6-8 players to play simultaneously, wherein players will each be given different color chips to place wagers with. The difference in color for the chips is because it’s easier to keep track of wagers that way. The house edge of a roulette table with a single zero (European roulette) is 5.26% while the house edge for double-zero tables is 2.7%.
The Color Chips
Chips can be numbered or unnumbered with the value of numbered chips having been imprinted on the chips themselves. However, if the chip is unnumbered, a quick way to navigate is checking out the table limit. If you’re playing on a C$10 roulette table, then each chip on that table will be valued at C$10 so five chips equal C$50.
Essentially, each colored chip is a unit of the betting denomination. Numbered chips are mostly used by land-based casinos while online casinos use it to further immerse players in the roulette experience. That said, the payout table for poker chips can look like this.
The Croupier Handles the Casino Roulette Wheel and Bets
After players wager on their chosen numbers, the croupier who is the house dealer calls out “no more bets” and they spin the casino roulette wheel. The dealer won’t collect any more bets after spinning the wheel so players may have to wait till the next spin.
A white ball is then rolled opposite to the turn of the casino roulette wheel such that the number that it rests on is the winning number. The croupier follows up by calling out the willing number and settling the bets. Players simply pick up their winnings after the dealer removes the plastic number.
So, beating the croupier means you have to predict the winning number without using previous outcomes as indicators.
The Roulette Table
To read the roulette table, divide the numbers 1-36 into twelve horizontal rows and the first, second, and third 12 numbers into three vertical columns. Under the three vertical columns, you’ll find another set of betting options.
Online casino roulette allows players to make different types of bets which are divided into inside and outside bets. You can make an inside bet by betting on an individual or a small group of numbers. Bets on larger groups of numbers are called outside bets. Essentially, both bets are limit based.
Let’s now talk about the minimum bet of a roulette table. If the minimum bet of a table is C$10 and you’re given C$5 chips, you’ll have to drop two C$5 chips to join the table. You can’t divide the minimum bets when you’re wagering on both the inside and outside bets too.
Instead you have to deposit C$20 if the roulette table’s minimum is C$10 and you’re making inside and outside bets.
The two familiar versions of roulette are American and European roulette and they have 37 and 37 numbers respectively. The numbers are 1-36, 0, and 00 for American roulette. For European roulette, there's no double zero.
The Inside Bets
Inside bets are the 12 rows of numbers (1-36) and the green section which belongs to the zero(s). There are different types of inside bets that you can make and you can have a look at them below.
- One-number Bet: This bet type can be made by precisely placing your chips on your number of choice. A one-number bet is also called a Straight Up bet and it pays the highest. The payout is 35 to 1.
- Two-number Bet: You can make this type of bet by placing your chips on the line shared by adjacent numbers. This is also known as Split bet and the payout is 17 to 1.
- Three-number Bet: Also called a Street or Trio bet, you can make this bet by placing chips on three numbers at the same time. For instance, placing C$5 on the row 7-8-9. The payout for this bet type is 11 to 1.
- Four-number Bet: Also known as a Corner bet, you’re betting on four different numbers that form a square. The numbers 31, 32, 34, and 35 form a square and thus, betting on all four numbers makes it a Corner bet. The payout for this bet is 8 to 1.
- Six-number Bet: This can also be called a Line bet, and you’re basically making two Street bets. Make a line bet by placing your chips on the edge of two adjacent numbered rows. The payout for this bet is 5 to 1.
- Combination Bet: A combination bet combines the inside bets and zero sections. The payout is around 6 to 1 and this can be a five-number combination.
|Inside Bet Type||Payout||Odds in European Roulette||Odds in American Roulette|
|Straight Up Bet (One-number Bet)||35 to 1||2.7%||2.6%|
|Split Bet (Two-number Bet)||17 to 1||5.4%||5.3%|
|Street or Trio Bet (Three-number Bet)||11 to 1||8.1%||7.9%|
|Corner Bet (Four-number Bet)||8 to 1||10.8%||10.5%|
|Basket Bet (Combination Bet)||6:1||There is no Basket Bet in European Roulette||13.2%|
|Double Street Bet (Six-number Bet)||5:1||16.2%||15.8%|
Look outwards from the inside bets and you’ll find the outside bets on the left and bottom sections of the table. The six different types of outside bets have been listed below.
- Low Bets: You’re making a low bet when you place chips on the section that says 1 to 18. The payout is 1 to 1 and you win once the white ball lands on any number within that range.
- High Bets: High bets are the numbers 19 to 36 and once again, you win if the white ball rests in any number within that range. The payout for this bet is also 1 to 1.
- Red or Black Bets: Placing your chips on red means you win if the white ball rests on a red slot. If you bet your chips on black, you win when the ball rests in a black slot. The payout for this bet type is also 1 to 1.
- Even or Odd Bets: Betting on even or odd means you win when the white ball rests on an even and odd number respectively. The payout is still 1 to 1.
- Dozen Bets: With Dozen bets, you’re placing chips on 12 numbers at a time which have been divided into the three vertical columns (1st 12, 2nd 12, etc). The payout for this bet type is 2 to 1.
- Column Bets: With Column bets, you’re betting on an entire strip of twelve numbers. For instance, betting on the strip 1/4/7/10/13/16/19/22/25/28/31/34 is a Column bet.
|Outside Bet Type||Payout||Odds in European Roulette||Odds in American Roulette|
|Red or Black||1:1||48.65%||47.37%|
|Odd or Even||1:1||48.65%||47.37%|
|High or Low||1:1||48.65%||47.37%|
Except for Dozen bets, all outside bets’ payout is 1 to 1.
Special Rules for Even Bets
The rules En Prison and La Partage apply only to Even bets and what they do is lower the house edge. We’ve broken down the two rules below.
- En Prison Rule: En Prison rule allows you to take back half of your bet or leave it if the first spin results in a single or double zero(s). However, the consecutive roulette spin must result in an Even to win. You’ll forfeit your bets and wins if the second spin results in an Odd number or Zero.
- La Partage Rule: This is a one-round rule where you can win back half of your spin if the result is a Zero.
|Time to withdraw||One to five days|
|Time to withdraw||One week|
|Time to withdraw||One week|
|Time to withdraw||One to five days|
How to Play Roulette Online?
Playing online roulette follows the same rules as playing in-person. Players make a bet on what number, color or section of the wheel the ball will land in. Players can experiment with different varieties of roulette like 3D roulette, American roulette or European Roulette for added entertainment value!
Choose an online casino.
The first step to playing roulette online is to choose an online casino. There are many different casinos to choose from, so it is important to do some research to find one that is reputable and offers a good selection of games. Additionally, it is important to make sure that the casino offers a good bonus for signing up.
Create an account.
Once you have chosen an online casino, you will need to create an account. This process is usually fairly simple and only requires basic information such as your name, address, and email address. Some casinos may also require you to provide a credit card or other form of payment in order to set up your account.
Choose a game.
Once you have created your account, you can then choose from the various roulette games that are offered by the casino. There are usually both American and European roulette games available, so it is important to choose the one that you are most familiar with. Additionally, some casinos may offer different variations of the game, such as mini-roulette or multi-wheel roulette.
Place your bets.
Once you have chosen a game, you will then need to place your bets. You can usually do this by clicking on the chips that are located at the bottom of the screen. The amount of money that you bet will determine how much you can win if you are successful. Additionally, it is important to remember that you can only bet on one number at a time in most cases.
Spin the wheel.
After you have placed your bets, you will then need to spin the wheel. This is usually done by clicking on the Spin button that is located next to the chips. Once the wheel has been spun, the ball will land in one of the numbered pockets and determine whether you have won or lost your bet.
Roulette In Numbers
- A roulette wheel has 38 slots: 18 red, 18 black, and 2 green.
- The probability of any given bet is 38 to 1.
- The house edge is 5.26%.
- Roulette is a negative expectation game.
- The most popular bet is the red/black bet, which has a probability of 18/38.
- The second most popular bet is the odd/even bet, which has a probability of 18/38.
- The third most popular bet is the high/low bet, which has a probability of 18/38.
- The fourth most popular bet is the dozen bet, which has a probability of 12/38.
- The fifth most popular bet is the column bet, which has a probability of 12/38.
- A game of chance consisting of a spinning wheel with 37 or 38 numbered slots in which a small ball is dropped and comes to rest in one of the slots, determining the winner.
- The wheel is spun by a croupier, and players bet on which slot the ball will land in.
- There are 37 slots on a European roulette wheel and 38 on an American roulette wheel.
- The American wheel has 38 slots because it includes a 00 slot.
- The house edge on a European roulette wheel is 2.7%, while the house edge on an American roulette wheel is 5.26%.
- Roulette is a French word meaning “little wheel”.
- The game was first played in France in the 18th century.
- It is now played all over the world, in casinos and online.
- There are many different betting systems that can be used in roulette, but none of them guarantee a win.
Roulette isn’t a fast paced casino game but its simplicity makes it a goldmine for not only seasoned players, but also new ones. All you need to learn how to play is to understand what the casino roulette wheel, table, croupier, and colored chips mean and you can get it on the action. So, hopefully this guide will help you develop your own strategies when playing roulette in online casinos and otherwise. If you have decided to try your hand at playing online roulette in one of our casinos that has passed the evaluation process, we invite you to return to the top of the page and choose the most suitable for you.
The casinoforcanada.com team aims to provide high quality information. To ensure this, reliable and high-quality information sources are always used. The following sources are used in this article:
- Roulette (Wikipedia)
The article complies with all the editorial principles of casinoforcanada.com. In case of inaccuracies, contact the casinoforcanada.com team using the following contact form. We will be glad to hear from you!
Frequently Asked Questions
How does roulette work at a casino?
To play roulette, players only need to bet on a number or group of numbers and they win once the roulette spin lands on a number they chose. Bets can start from as little as C$5 though some high-roller tables start from C$1,000.
Is there a winning strategy for playing roulette in online casinos and otherwise?
One of the best strategies online for winning in roulette is to cover as many numbers as you can but then, that’s where things get tricky. The more numbers you bet on, the lower the payout so you’ll have to bet a moderate amount of cash to make good wins.
What numbers hit the most in roulette?
Even in the circles of Croupiers, the most famous number is 17 and that’s because it has been involved in some of the biggest roulette wins in history. Next time you’re at a casino and bet on the 17 pocket, who knows? You might just win.
What is the safest bet in roulette?
The Fibonacci system is considered to be pretty safe because of the 50% winning chance. This system can only be used for even-money bets because of their odds. It’s dangerous to use the Fibonacci system for Inside bets.
Is roulette all luck?
Being a random number game, roulette is a luck-based game since there’s no telling where the white ball will stop. The only exception occurs when the casino roulette wheel is biased so the ball stops at a predetermined pocket.
How do you win in roulette?
There is no surefire way to win in roulette, as the game is entirely based on chance. However, there are certain strategies that you can use in order to improve your chances of winning. One such strategy is known as the Martingale system, which involves doubling your bet after every loss in order to eventually recoup your losses and end up in the black. While this system does not guarantee success, it does improve your odds of winning in the long run.
How do roulette odds work?
Roulette odds work by determining how likely it is for a given number to be selected as the winning number. The odds are determined by the number of ways that the number can be selected, and the number of ways that other numbers can be selected. The odds of a given number being selected as the winning number are 1 in 38 if the player is betting on a single number, and 1 in 37 if the player is betting on a group of numbers.
What is the house edge in roulette?
There are a few different ways to calculate the house edge in roulette, but the most common method is to subtract the probability of winning from 1. The probability of winning is the probability of hitting any given number, which is 18/38 (or 2/38 for a single-zero wheel). This gives the house an edge of 5.26% on a double-zero wheel and 2.7% on a single-zero wheel.
What are some common misconceptions about roulette?
There are a number of common misconceptions about roulette. One is that the game is purely a game of chance, with no skill or strategy involved. This is not the case – while luck certainly plays a role, there are a number of ways to increase your chances of winning. Another misconception is that all roulette wheels are the same.
What are the odds of winning at roulette?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on a number of factors, including the type of roulette you are playing, the house edge, your level of skill and experience, and luck. However, we can provide some general guidelines. If you are playing American roulette, the odds of winning are 1 in 38, or 2.63%.
What is the history of roulette?
The history of roulette is a long and detailed one that can be traced back to the early days of gambling. The game is thought to have originated in France in the 17th century, and it quickly became a popular game among the upper class. In the 18th century, roulette spread to other parts of Europe and the Americas, and it soon became one of the most popular casino games in the world.
Was this page helpful?
This page hasn't been rated yet - help others by sharing your opinion